Just thinking about the Great Silk Road it makes everyone to imagine caravans consisting of camels loaded with silks, treasure, and eastern spices, horsemen and messengers, drivers and dervishes, as well as the thousands of horses and sheep moved by the herdsmen to sales area with clouds of dust.
Here, along these open spaces, you can see ancient fortresses (towns), visit the bustling eastern bazaars (markets), and admire the incredible beauty of the unique pearl of Muslims - the Mausoleum of Khoja Ahmed Yasawi distinguished by a remarkable architectural design and the mosaic tiles design. By immersing yourself in the spirit of caravanserai, you can enjoy real aromatic oriental pilaf, and other local cuisine! The Great Silk Road will be glad to welcome you as highly appreciated guests on its open spaces, and reward everyone with its friendly embrace. Adventures begun!
In the hotel you will find a guide and a driver who will accompany you during an excursion to the ancient city of Sairam, where you will visit the following places:
- Mausoleum of Karashash-Ana
- Mausoleum of Ibrahim-Ata
- Mausoleum of Kadyr-Ata
- Mausoleum of Mahmudhan Sheikh (great-grandfather of Ahmed, where Kh.A Yasawi was born)
- Martobe (where Zheti Zhargy (the set of laws) was signed))
After the excursion you will be transferred to your hotel where you will try a great dinner. Overnight in Shymkent.
Early in the morning, we will have breakfast, return our room keys, then go on an exciting car journey, during which the following places will be visited:
- Arystan Bab Mausoleum - is a place of pilgrimage, one of the Muslim shrines in Central Asia, and architectural monument of the XII century. According to legend, Arystan Bab was an associate of the Prophet Muhammad. Legend has that Arystan Baba was the teacher and spiritual mentor of Khoja Ahmed Yassawi, to whom he passed the amanat beads or persimmon stone;
- Archaeological excavations of the ancient town of Otrar, where the medieval philosopher and scholar Al Farabi was born and lived. Otrar was destroyed to the ground by the troops of Chenghis Khan.
After the excursions you will be transferred to Turkestan, where your lunch will be organized. After that, we will continue the car excursion to the archaeological excavations of the ancient fortress Sauran.
At the end of all excursions you will travel to Turkestan, where you will be accommodated at the hotel, have dinner, rest, and be able to see Turkestan and the Mausoleum of Khoja Ahmed Yasawi at night. You will stay in Turkestan for the night. In ancient times Yassy is the first capital of the Kazakh Khanate. This city became the center of the district, the main trade point on the Great Silk Road. Yassy had also achieved special visibility at the beginning of the XII century, where Kh.A. Yasawi settled here. Turkestan is nowadays a large tourist and religious center that attracts people with its ancient culture, sacred objects of great historical and cultural value for Central Asia.
Places to visit after early breakfast:
- Azret-Sultan historical and architectural complex, Mausoleum of Khoja Ahmed Yasawi, Turkestan fortress, Necropolis, a fragment of the fortress's wall, Citadel Gates, Oriental Bathhouse, and Hilvet Semi-Underground Mosque. The Mausoleum of Khoja Ahmed Yasawi is an amazing complex of palaces and temples, a masterpiece of world architecture, an outstanding monument of medieval architecture, which was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. A well-preserved inscription above the entrance to the building says: "This holy place was built at the behest of the ruler beloved by Allah, Emir Timur Guragan... - May Allah prolongs his command forever!"
Between the excursions you will be allowed to lunch break, then:
- Visit to the Mausoleum of Ukash-Ata and Holy Well. The story of this place has it that the well gives water to those who have performed spiritual cleansing, who are filled with love, and has pure and noble thoughts. It is believed that to get from the depth of miraculous water is a sign of a special arrangement of higher forces.
At the end of excursions you will find accommodation at the hotel, dinner and rest. Stay in Turkestan for the night.
Early breakfast, leave a hotel, the next trip. Places to visit:
- Holy Cave Ak Mosque - a unique natural object. Its length is 254 meters, height- 25 meters, and width - 65 meters;
- Mausoleum of Domalak-Ana which belongs to architectural monuments of the XII century. Domalak-Ana was the youngest wife of Baydibek-Ata. She was famous for her extraordinary intelligence and wisdom. Domalak-Ana is a symbol of motherhood and good;
- Kemekalgan legendary ritual place, Adam and Eve Rocks, between which, according to legend, only people whose sins are all forgiven can pass;
- Kazygurt Mountain, a sacred spring near it, and the Noahs Ark Symbolism that is a monument in the form of a ship that stands on the top of the mountain at the Shymkent-Tashkent-Samara international highway. Those who rise to its base, will open a picturesque view of the flowering steppe and majestic snow-white-blue mountain peaks of the Western Tien Shan.
Today ends your journey through the expanses of the sunny and hospitable south of Kazakhstan - a country where you will always be welcome! You say goodbye to the vast expanses of the Great Silk Road, go to Shymkent airport, and return home! As they say in Kazakhstan – Қош келдіңіз! What is translated from Kazakh as Welcome! And we tell you – to our next meetings, friends!
* Planning another route of returning home from Shymkent - inform us in advance about this!
- Transport along the route (buses, minibuses, cars)
- All excursion programs, with a guide and a driver. Admission fee for sightseeing objects. In places where the photo and video are paid for, they are paid by the tourist separately
- Accommodation in Turkestan, Shymkent
- Meals in Turkestan, Shauldere, Shymkent
- All transfers between cities and airports
- 3 meals a day on all days of rest in Turkestan
- Accommodation not indicated in the program
- Meals not indicated in the program
- Visa support and registration on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, if required
- Life Insurance
- Personal expenses and other expenses not indicated in the program
- Everything that is not indicated in the "What's included" section